1. When will I be allowed to book for my Class 3 practical test?
With effect from 25 April 2012, you are allowed to book for your practical test upon completion of Practical Stage 1, Driving Simulator lesson, valid PDL and FTT record.
However, you have to meet the following requirements at least 14 days prior to your practical test. Failing which, your practical test date will be cancelled automatically by the system and there shall be no refund for all fees paid.
1. Complete all Theory Lessons (BTL 1.01, 1.02 & FTL 1.01, 1.02)
2. Complete Practical Subject 5.01
3. Complete 1 Auto Car Lesson (For 3C/3P customers only)
4. Update PDL expiry date in our system
You may monitor your progress by logging on to your account via the Internet and check under Training & Test History or Progress Menu.
Please block book 30 practical lessons three months in advance to avoid any disappointment in not having sufficient slots to meet the requirements.
2. Will my test fees be refunded if I cancel my test date?
With effect from 1 October 2008, there will be no refund of all test fees, vehicle rental fees and warm-up fees for any cancellation of your test date made by you, the system or Traffic Police.
3. Can I book another test date in other driving centres?
No multiple bookings of test dates across the test centres are allowed. Any multiple bookings of test will be cancelled and no refund of the test fees will be made.
4. What will happen if I am unable to meet the requirements before the specific number of days prior to my practical test date?
Your practical test will be cancelled automatically by the system.
5. Will the system prompt that I have not met the requirements if I try to book a practical test date which falls within the specific number of days, or stop me from doing so?
No. You will be able to book the practical test but it will be cancelled automatically on the next system processing. Therefore, you should not book the test date if you are unable to meet all requirements before the cut-off date.
6. Can I appeal for an earlier test date if my test date had been cancelled by the system?
No. You may check and book from the system for an earlier test date cancelled by another customer, if any.
7. How many lessons will I need to complete for Practical Stages 1–5?
An average learner will take a minimum of 30 lessons (excluding automatic car lesson for 3C/3P customers) to complete their practical stages 1 – 5.
8. Should I book all the practical lessons first before I book the practical test date?
It is advisable to do so as slots are base on a first-come-first-serve. You may face with unavailability of slots resulting in inconsistent practical lessons and thus failing to complete your practical subjects in time to meet the requirements for your practical test, resulting in cancellation of your test date by the system.
9. What should I do if I have managed to complete Practical Stage 5 and still have balance booking of lessons?
You may use the lessons for your revision or cancel them (subjected to Cancellation terms & Conditions).
10. Can I request for practical lessons if I am unable to get any slots from the system?
We will not be able to provide any more slots if they are fully booked. Therefore, it is advisable to book the lessons in advance.
11. What should I do after I had booked my practical test from the Booking & Cancellation terminal? Is there a printout?
You may obtain a booking statement from the Booking Statement terminal. Your practical test date and time will be shown on the printout.
12. How can I check my account balance?
You may check your account balance by obtaining a booking statement from the Booking Statement terminal or check via the Internet.
13. Can I cancel my practical test if I am unable to meet the requirements within the stipulated time?
You may cancel your test on your own accord or the system will cancel your test automatically if you are unable to meet the requirements before the specific number of days prior to your test date. All fees paid are non-refundable.
14. Can I cancel my practical test and rebook an earlier test date if available?
It is not advisable to do so, as the earlier test date might be booked by another party while you are cancelling your existing test date. You may also not be able to meet the requirements prior to the earlier test date, resulting in cancellation of your test date by the system. All fees paid are non-refundable.
15. Can I postpone my practical test?
No. You will need to cancel (subject to system acceptance) and rebook another test date. Test fees are non-refundable.
16. How will I know that my practical test has been cancelled?
The details of your cancelled test date will no longer be shown in the booking statement.
17. When can I book my Basic Theory Test?
You may book your Basic Theory Test within 30 days upon passing Basic Theory Evaluation.
18. When can I book my Final Theory Test?
You must pass your Basic Theory Test and you may book for your Final Theory Test within 30 days upon passing Final Theory Evaluation.
19. How much is the theory test fee?
$6.00 will be deducted from your BBDC account upon confirmation of the booking through the system.
20. How do I book the theory test?
You can book your Theory Test using our Booking & Cancellation Terminal or via the Internet.
21. How can I know that my theory test booking is confirmed?
You have to log out from the Booking & Cancellation Terminal and obtain a booking statement from Booking Statement Terminal. Your theory test date/time will be shown on the printout.
22. Can I cancel my theory test?
Yes, you can but test fees paid are non-refundable.
23. Where is the venue for the theory test?
You may proceed to level 2, Classroom 1 for the theory test.
24. Prior to enrolling at your centre, I have actually booked a test date (Theory/Practical) at another Testing Centre. Can I book another test date without cancelling the previous test date?
Testees will be disqualified from the specific test if found to possess more than one test date for the specific course class. Thus, you will need to cancel the initial test date at the driving centre before booking a new one.
25. What will happen if I am late for my Theory or Practical Test?
Latecomers will not be allowed to take the test.
26. What are the documents that I need to produce for the theory test?
You are required to produce your NRIC or valid passport for the theory test. For foreigners, you will need to produce your valid passport and work permit/student pass/employment pass.
27. When will I know my theory test result?
The result will be shown immediately upon completion of the theory test.
28. What must I do after passing the test?
Your result will be updated in the system within 24 hours. You may book for your next Traffic Police Test date once your result had been updated in the system.
29. Will I be able to take my practical lessons and test if I am pregnant?
Yes. However, you are required to produce an original medical certificate from your gynaecologies or a registered medical officer attending that you are fit for driving. Please approach our customer service officers for more details once you are pregnant.
30. To Whom should I submit the medical certificate?
You have to submit your medical certificate to the Traffic Police Testing Branch for approval.
31. How much must I have in my BBDC account before I can book my practical test?
You need to have at least $186.92 (inclusive of 7% GST) in your BBDC account for a weekday Practical Test booking and $191.20 (inclusive of 7% GST) for a Saturday Practical Test booking. This fee includes a warm-up session, car rental fee and practical test fee.
32. What will happen to the fees that I had paid if I am disqualified from the Theory or Practical Test?
All fees will be forfeited. No postponement, transferring or replacement of date will be entertained.
33. Where can I book my Practical Test?
You can book your practical test at our Booking & Cancellation Terminal or via the Internet.
34. Will I be able to postpone my Practical Test if I am on medical leave on that particular day?
Refund or replacement is not allowed if you are absent for your Practical Test due to whatever reasons.
35. What are the documents required for my Practical Test?
The documents required are as follows:
1. For Singaporeans or PR: NRIC or a valid passport.
2. For foreigners: a valid passport and FIN card/work permit/Student Pass.
3. Valid PDL
4. Valid Medical Certificate (if any)
36. Where should I report for my Practical Test?
You will need to obtain a reporting slip from the Reporting Slip Terminal, a booking statement printout from the Booking Statement Terminal and report to Class 3 Practical Test Warm-up Waiting Area. The warm-up instructor will then call you for your warm-up session. Please be punctual for the warm-up.
37. Can I go for the Practical Test if I am late for my warm-up?
Yes. You can go for your Practical Test as long as it is before the test time.
38. Can I take my Practical Test if I am late?
You will be disqualified for the test once you are late.
39. Will I be able to know the test route during my warm-up?
No. You will only know the test route after your warm-up.
40. How do I book a retest if I fail my Practical Test?
You can book a retest immediately after booking two compulsory revision lessons (preferably nearer to your retest date).
41. My FTT is expiring soon and the current date for the practical retest falls after my FTT expiry date. Must I retake my FTT?
Yes. You must retake your FTT, as your FTT must be valid when you go for your retest.
42. If I miss one of my revision lessons, can I still proceed to my Practical Test?
It is advisable to book one more revision. However, you will still be allowed to go for the Practical Test.